Our gift shop and lounge space behind Satchel's is called Lightnin' Salvage Enterprises, from here out referred to as LSE. If you are interested in hosting an event at LSE, here are some things to consider:
1. LSE is a fun, relaxed atmosphere to dine and drink. Sometimes larger parties have to be a little flexible in order to wait for a specific table to open up.
2. The space cannot be reserved for private parties - the space is available on a first come/ first serve basis.
3. Planning the right time to come is important. If you have a large party or want a more private space: 11am-5pm Tues-Friday is good, but Saturdays can be very busy after 1pm. Try to avoid 6pm or later on Fridays and Saturdays and be aware that we have live music almost every night and might be full any weeknight as well. Your party may come anytime but on weekend nights the lounge area is likely to be full.
4. Overall capacity under the enclosed area is about 40. There is a spillover table just outside the lounge that can seat another 6, a treehouse that can hold about 10, a couple tables in our greenhouse (possible seating for 14 or so) and there is a picnic area under an airplane in the back of the parking lot that seats 24 and is often available. Altogether these areas can seat about another 55 people in addition to the lounge area but these seats are spread out in different areas.
5. There is no table service. Paper plates. napkins, plasticware, water, cheese and pepper shakers, are provided. Please bus your own tables when you are finished!
6. We have gas patio heaters in the covered area of LSE for when it is cold.
7. Large parties can start a tab at the bar for a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
8. If you have special desserts planned for events, you can bring them, but keep in mind we have a large variety of homemade desserts here. We do NOT allow outside drinks, except for wine, which we charge an $8 corking fee per bottle.
9. For 25 or more people, you can choose to set up a catering , please see the catering link on our website . For parties less than 25, you can simply order off the menu. You can call the order in the day before, or order your food when you arrive at LSE - they can take your order at the bar.
10. Sometimes folks want to have a Birthday party at 11am on Saturdays. You may come put up some decorations before we open as the lounge area is open air and not locked. However, if you are planning to bring a party of 15 or more at ANY TIME, we ask that you please email Satchel at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is helpful for us to be ready for larger parties.
11. LSE attractions include a five-and-dime style gift shop, unique collections, a bocce ball court, a tree house, greenhouse, walk-o-junk and fountain-o-junk. Live music/performances happen every night from 6-9 pm. There is a calendar of the live music on both Satchel's and Lightnin' Salvage websites as well. See lightninsalvage.com for pictures and more info.